I preferred a backpack for my 2 x 5km commutes. I would do errands on these
rides and it was good not to have gear left behind on the bike.

Also as I weigh 100kg (225 lbs) I like having the weight on me in an effort
to "ride light". Easy to stand on pedals going over rough stuff...

ef
Vancouver

On Friday, 4 February 2022, Roberta <rchas...@gmail.com> wrote:
> After living in the city for decades, my company moved its office and I
can finally bike or walk commute--just under 2 miles each way.   I've been
varying my method based on the weather (I don't like riding in the rain,
snow or ice) and both are fabulous ways to start and end the day,
physically and mentally.  Most of the ride is on streets with bike lanes.
I'll be riding one of my two step-through's--Platypus or She-Devil.  I can
take the bike into my office.

> I like using a backpack for walking, but not sure about riding.   What do
you use for a short commuter trips--backpack (current preference, not not
sure how hot I'll find it in the warmer months), pannier or saddle bag (I
have a Riv Small Saddlesack).  I have rack or rack and basket on the back
of each bike. I'll be carrying lunch, a change of clothes and shoes.

email to rbw-owners-bunch+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rbw-owners-bunch/4a3fa7ec-083b-4d11-b3d1-c5d0da388c79n%40googlegroups.com
.