You're Stoked! and I'm very happy for you. Being able to bring your bike
inside can be a blessing and a curse, what with condensation and such as
you see in jolly Philadelphia. I'm fortunate to have a back lot at my job
where I can stash my bike behind a locked gate, and as a museum laborer,
it's not a huge deal if I'm a little sweaty upon arrival (I keep emergency
clothes stashed under my seldom used desk though).
As for backpacks, throw that thing in the Skoookiill river.

A Happy Rolling Roberta!
-Kai