No opinion on the VO adapter, but I'd venture a guess that a 120mm stem is
still going to be too short.   Personal preference and fit will of course
vary, but I had an alumunium non-bullmoose Bosco bar on my Clem, with a
140mm quill stem, and it was just barely long enough.  The atlantis has a
much shorter top tube.  (Depending on the vintage of yours, it might be
MUCH shorter.)  1" quill stems in the 140 -150 mm range from the 80s are
pretty plentiful and easy to find.  Ritchey made a good one.  Another tip
is to get one with a wide clamp, to minimize the bar torsion that feels
flexy.  I know people often cut the end off the bar to make it work when
it's too close, but I would advise against that too - at least until you've
had time to try it uncut.  The sloped and front horizontal parts are
interesting as secondary grip positions, but mostly in concept only.
What's really nice is having that long primary grip position to move around
on.