I have not personally owned an all-rounder. But in general interest of bike
development and history. It seemed that the design lineage came loosely
from elements of the randonneur bikes (roadish geometry with 650b wider
tires) Grant - being a thoughtful individual, adopted the design to
contemporary parts availability which created the XO-1, which utilized
slightly wider 26" tires. With Bridgestone being less interested in
developing niche bikes grant started Rivendell. The All-rounder was a quick
adaptation to a more boutique style small company version with revisions as
Grant's perspective on bikes changed. If I recall there was also the
mountain bike (I cant recall the name) and a road frame? EItherway - the
All-rounder morphed into the Atlantis (another reference to Bridgestone
touring bikes)  The Atlantis, again following trends in terms of wheelsize
and clearance became (ie fitting 29er sized tires etc) which has had it's
own evolution in itself.

Grant see's his bikes within his interest of market. I think the early
Atlantis style bikes influenced a whole generation of conteporary bikes.
Crust Romanceur (which has been cited as based off the atlantis with discs
and lower trail) Guerilla Monsoon, Midnight Special. ANd pretty much every
other company to follow.

In terms of a tighter geometry (road) geometry bike that fits relatively
large wheels, there are now a ton of options. Which is fantastic. I really
like my romanceur. It feels spritely as any road bike but easily handles
more conditions.

Rivendell in itself has de-performanced their contemporary designs (from
racing standpoint) and pushed geometry to be more adventure, comfort, and
stamina based oriented. Having several injuries and not being able to
maintain an aggressive riding position and extremely excited to build up a
CLEM L for camping/touring bike. I'll keep the romanceur for shorter more
"spirited rides" as Jan Heine would say.

In terms of preference. I think the all-rounder (x0-1) Toyo Atlantis's have
a special place especially in paving the way for contemporary performance
bike design. Aesthetically and performance wise. In terms of actual design
- there are so many options, as we kind of live in a renaissance of bicycle
design where we have so many options at reasonable costs. I for one am
excited for what RIvendell is pushing these days (long slack sturdy), as I
feel like you can find something reminiscent of the All-rounders elsewhere
(even the crust lightning bolt). Or even just get a custom made for
probably a similarly proportional price from an artisanal builder with many
wonderful tube-sets available to choose from.