The All Rounder like the XO-1 before it gets a lot of interest and praise,
but I think that, like the XO-1 that preceeded it, it is an early design
that has been superseded and bettered by later Grantian bikes, starting
with the Atlantis and continuing with the Sam Hillborne and doubtless the
more recent models.

I say this having owned an XO-1 and having bought a custom Road based on
the All Rounder, with lighter (753) tubing and slightly more upright hta
(IIRC). My 1999 and 2003 Road customs, also built for 26" wheels, are
better "All Round" both on pavement and in dirt than either XO-1 and the
first Road custom, with much longer chainstays, slightly sacker head, and
upsloping tts with extended head tubes.

I say again that the later Road customs ride better on dirt, particularly
sandy surfaces, than the XO-1 and the first gen, AR-based road custom.

I think -- but I am open to reasoned rebuttal -- that an Atlantis or Sam
Hill would be better for all round riding than either XOs or ARs.