My 5-miles-each-way bike commute is usually the best of part of my day for
the same reasons.

I suggest the next step is to commit to just one day a week. (If you have a
M-F, 40 hour workweek, best day to commit is Friday.) For me, that was easy
enough to stick with and helped make bike commuting a habit. That also gave
me some time between commute days to make adjustments and address any
issues that came up during the commute. Try that for a few weeks and see
how it goes.

And if it's available, I suggest designing a "long way home" route that
incorporates a scenic ride or an intermediate destination via a low stress
path. I'm lucky enough to include 5 miles of beach path for my long way
home, and I almost always chose that on Fridays in the spring and summer
when the days are long.

--Ed C.