Patrick,

My wife and I have experience with several different dynamo LED lights.
 Edelux, Edelux 2, B&M Cyo, Sinewave Beacon, B&M IQ-X.  For us, at this
time, the B&M IQ-X is the best for pavement riding.  It easily eclipses the
Edelux 2.  I recall riding with the IQ-X on our tandem last summer on a
night ride.  It lit up our *entire* vehicle lane.  Some folks do not like
how there are dimmer spots and brighter spots from the lens.  I get it.
 But we got used to it.  On a very dark night it is amazing.  Watch for
Amazon sales for really good pricing

One really annoying thing (at least to me) is the IQ-X has an automatic
feature in which it automatically turns on as a daylight or nightlight,
depending upon how much ambient light the device senses.  Some might find
this an invaluable feature, YMMV.  Every time one stops for a bit of time I
have to remember to *manually* turn it off, saving those precious watts on
those steep climbs (we are currently cyclotouring in SW Colorado).

Regarding the Sinewave Beacon: I agree - it could be *the* perfect light if
it had an StVZO lens, IMO.  I did ask the owner of Sinewave a few years ago
if he was going to use such a lens.  At that time he said no.  Despite
that, the Beacon checks off a lot of positive features I wish other LED
lights would incorporate.  Being able to power an LED light via a dynamo
*OR* a USB battery should be standard, IMO.  Within the chassis, it also
has electronics for a USB output - extremely critical for cnyclotouring.
 I've had direct experience with the issue of charging a *smartphone* off
the USB output: it is a measly trickle charge.  But, I think we have to
remember that it isn't really the light's fault but rather the dynamo.  The
dynamo outputs a nominal 3 watts.  With losses between the dynamo, wiring
and USB device, it really is a trickle.  I have had excellent success in
directly recharging GPS devices (Wahoo BOLT and ROAM) using the Beacon.
 Since their batteries are relatively small, the Sinewave Beacon's USB
output has recharged those devices within an hour or so of steady riding.
 Allows one to start the next day with a full charge - perfect for
cyclotouring/bikepacking.

Good luck,

Jeff & Lori Arita
Claremont, CA (currently in Silverton, CO)

P.S.: We Amtrak'd from Los Angeles to ABQ.  Took the Rail Runner (awesome)
to Santa Fe.  Began pedaling from SF to Durango.  We loved the Rail Runner:
when the train car's doors were about to close, the audible warning was the
Road Runner's "Meep - Meep." ;)