For me, an 'event' would mean a century or a brevet.  A long ride not
necessarily ridden as a race with sharp accelerations and sprints, but
where comfort and efficiency would be at a premium.  Where the tires
might carry a bit more than a 15 pound bike and a 140 pound rider, but
not a touring load.

I would call the P-M an 'event' tire along with other "supple, high-
performance" tires like a Challenge Parigi-Roubaix, as opposed to
'everyday' tires like a Marathon or CdlV that trade weight and
suppleness for durability and puncture resistance.  We'll have to see
if it lives up to that expectation.

I had hoped to have mine in time for a 100k charity ride on Saturday,
but hope for that is fading fast.  In the absence of the P-M's, I
haven't decided whether to ride the 650b Maxy Fastys, or just mount up
the skinny-tired go-fast.  It's nice to have options.

Bill