> Kirk offers mtb tires.  off road doesn't mean mtb.

Living in Chicago I have little chance to do either, so tend to jumble
the two in my mind.

> horses for courses, but a 38mm tire that can't be ridden on unpaved surfaces,
> mixed terrain, etc. is silly to me.

As I understand the history of 650b, the constructeurs liked the size
as it allowed them to build bikes around wider tires that were more
comfortable riding over cobble stone streets.  The whole 23 mm road
tire thing was not in their thought process. Not sure why a tire that
harks back to the 650b golden era is silly.

> tire."  based on your posts, it seems like you have the impression
> that this tire is somehow more precious than other supple performance
> tires on the market.  i disagree with that.

Well, my impressions, such that they are, are based on what Kirk and
some of the others who have ridden prototypes have to say about the
tires.  I did not make up the Event Tire appellation.  Just repeated
it.