That FD .

If I only know classic looking FD's with their nice long cages, I'd say
that particular FD looks like it's been chopped off. Of course that not
literal, but functionally it has been. I can totaly see how such a cage
could jam as seen in the photo. I can't see exactly how many teeth on the
big ring but by what I can count it's more than 42 teeth, and those FD's
supposedly are for a 42t ring max. I can't that in itself means anything,
all that matters is the chain appears to have jammed where on a full cage
FD it would not.

You know, there are better ways to accomodate smaller rings that still use
a traditional looking/functioning cage. Just scale it down, but just
chopping it off in the front not lonly looks awful it looks like it
actually was chopped off by someone in their garage. Spare me the "to each
is own" nonsense, it looks awful. A big fancy coporate name doesn't make
those behind the mask infallible to wonkiness.