This makes more sense! I had a feeling 500 miles was a typo.

As for how to solve it on the road, a friend had this problem a couple
years ago. She texted me about what to do (this was when she was still
learning bike mechanics, she knows more than me now) and before I could
think of something she had bounced the bike up and down and it shook free.
When all else fails, bounce it! 🙃