I'm right there with you, Garth. The best way for me to estimate fit is to
compare stack/reach and other frame dimensions to any of my current bikes
that fit me well. I also wish Rivendell would be more forthcoming with that
information. I get that they're trying to make things easier/simpler by
reducing it all down to PBH and PBH alone, but that doesn't quite do it for
a lot of us. I'm sure there's a reason they've taken down all their
geometry and stopped posting frame specs altogether but your guess is as
good as mine. I don't need them to go full bicycle quarterly but it'd be
nice to get some more details.

Similarly, I have the same feeling about upright riding positions. I feel
much more stable on a bicycle with more weight over the front wheel. Maybe
it's just what I'm used to but I feel unstable and sluggish with all of my
weight over the rear of the bike. Maybe I'd have a better experience on a
long-wheelbase Riv that's designed around that position, but like you, I'm
perfectly happy hammering away in a somewhat-race-y position on my
somewhat-race-y bikes. For now, at least.

Despite this, I still love looking at all the beautiful upright Rivs that
have been posted lately. The Platypus has some really attractive lines and
I've been enamored with the Susie/Gus frames ever since they came out. I
reckon I will reconsider my riding position someday, especially if I hang
onto the notion that I'd like it better on the right bike. Who knows, maybe
I'll end up with a Gus or a Platypus if my curiosity gets the best of me.