I'm curious as to how much load you folks are putting on the kickstand?
When I bought my triplet/quad Co-Motion Periscope Trident, the shop talked
me into letting them install a kickstand. My son was 3.5 years old at the
time. After about 3 years of use the kickstand bent and I ditched it and
haven't missed it whatsoever. It rattled, worked itself loose, and simply
wasn't worth the effort (it was a double-legged Pletscher), but the
kickstand plate never had an issue. Bear in mind that the triplet was 65
pounds empty, and when loaded with a touring load would exceed 80 pounds. I
know Rivendells have a reputation for being heavy but I doubt if any of
them compare to my Co-Motion.