On Tuesday, November 15, 2022 at 5:05:37 PM UTC-6 brok...@gmail.com wrote:

> So this leads me to question the whole upwards tilt thing as it relates to
> these types of Riv models and how folks ride them. I know everyone is
> different, and there's always going to be those who prefer upward tilts,
> downward tilts, extreme fore / aft, etc. but what exactly is it,
> physiologically speaking, that skews towards the preference for the upward
> saddle tilt for an upright riding position?

As you say, everyone is different. I have a couple of compression
fractures, T8 and T12, and a history of some low back pain. My experience
has been 1) I very much prefer saddles with a dip from the nose to the
tail, though I wouldn't describe it as a banana curve; 2) the more upright
the riding position, the more I want the nose tilted upward; 3) if it feels
like you are constantly having to push yourself back on the saddle, tilt
the nose up a bit; 4) a little change makes a big difference; 5) pelvic
angle is really important, and saddle height, saddle fore-aft, and
handlebar distance are all tightly connected with saddle tilt to define the
comfort and efficiency of your position; 6) core strength is hugely
important; and 7) the right fit is very dependent on how much power you are
generating while riding. When it's set up correctly, I feel better on the
bike than I do off the bike.

Ted Durant
Milwaukee, WI USA