I was not thinking that it would be "mini". I was thinking that you could
get the advantages of the long chain stays, long top tube and long
wheelbase, in the overall length of a "normal" non-Riv bike. It would then
be more usable when transporting on public transportation and easier to
navigate a tight stairwell or tight living quarters with. It wouldn't be so
wide on a back of the car bike rack. It would fit more easily inside my
Element. I have zero expectation that Riv would actually do one. Riv
obviously doesn't have a stack of unused, long steering tube 20" wheel
forks sitting around to do a run of Rosco Bubbes with. One a the few
persistent complaints that I hear about Rivendells on this site is about
the overall length and the possibly mis-named Mini-velo concept might cure
that without a lot of other compromises. Just the rambling thoughts of an
old gear-head.

Laing