I have wondered what a Rivendell version of a mini-velo would be like. A
mini velo is a small tired, non-folding but full size bike like the VO
Neutrino, BikesDirect also had one some years back. You could have the long
Riv wheelbase and ride, without the actual total bike length being any
longer that a "normal" bike. And, of course the low top tube.
I do have a folding Bike Friday and a VO Neutrino. Too heavy for the Bike
Friday now, but the Neutrino seems stout enough.

Laing