FWIW, my 2010 or so 700c 60cm Waterford Bomba could clear 65mm fenders with
ease using cantilever brakes. I have SKS 53mm ones on there no and they
have plenty of room. The 65 require just a smidge of modification for the
fork blades. I bought some VO's but decided against using them unless I
modified the lower front mount to go down lover as the stock holes are
right where your toes could catch on them. Sheesh .... The canti's I've
used are the Shimano MC-70's, M732/34/whatever, and Dia Compe 988's. If you
chop off the trailing portion of wonky Kool Stop offset and too long posted
pads, they will clear the stays. I hate long/offest pads that don't clear
the stays, just the dumbest design, ever. Dia Compe 988's come with road
sized, centered smooth post pads, those are the best !  Stock Suntour XC
Pro pads are that size too. Longer pads offer no better braking.