Yep, mine does it too. Aesthetically disappointing and might wear out the
cable a bit faster, and might also take off some paint, but my Gus came to
me with paint dings already and the cable will probably break at the
shifter or derailer first anyway so I've decided to ignore it.

Josiah Anderson
Missoula, MT