Of all my custom bikes, it's my favorite!  And it get's the most
comment/stares of any bike I own except, perhaps my cargo bike, which
is like being in a parade every time I ride it.

http://www.bikecult.com/works/archive/09bicycles/bolognacargoRC2.html

The interaction with Josh (at Frances) is very straightforward and I
think he's a really conscientious builder and decent man, though newer
than some of the big names out there in the world of custom bikes.  I
have no complaints about the workmanship at all, and he was on
schedule for the delivery of the bike (trust me, that's rare in the
world of custom bikes).  My expectations were met, there were a few
little things that weren't exactly like I wanted - for instance the
old style rubber slap guard I asked for was an invented system instead
of the (formerly) standard pin for a pre-made rubber band.  I have to
make a slap guard out of a strip of inner tube or other rubber when I
need one - it's not hard, just not what I expected and he wasn't
familiar with the detail for the other system.  No major complaints at
all, and like I said, it's my favorite bike.

My advice to anyone getting a custom frame is to think hard about what
you want, don't sign off on production until you feel good about every
detail, including the braze ons...then DON'T CHANGE ANYTHING after the
order is signed off.  It just leads to confusion and second guessing
yourself...and when you start changing things, it gets expensive and
mistakes get made.

Roberto