I've had my bleriot for 2 years and my quickbeam for 1 year.  I bought
the quickbeam to essentially be a simpler, single-speed version of my
bleriot.  Since then the quickbeam has become my preferred bike.  I
find that I'm (empirically) more efficient on my quickbeam and don't
tire as easily.  After a 50 mile ride on the bleriot I feel tired;
after the same ride on the quickbeam I feel fine.  I don't ride with a
computer on either of my bikes, the only constant being my cycling
partner.  I find when I'm on my bleriot that I'm regularly slower than
her but when I'm on my quickbeam I'm regularly faster.  I'm at the
point where I only ride the bleriot if there are going to be hills
that I can't tackle on my quickbeam.

"Being slow" doesn't bother me as much as the perceived difference in
efficiency.  The bleriot feels like it's dragging some extra weight
regardless of the gear that I'm in while the quickbeam feels like it
wants to keep rolling.  If the bleriot felt similarly effortless I
wouldn't be bothered if it was actually slower than the quickbeam.  I
wish that I had a way to definitively gauge this "dragging" feeling.

The bikes are setup very similarly:

Quickbeam:  60cm frame, 700 x 32 paselas, 32h stock wheels, sugino
crank with 40/32 x 16/19 gearing, noodle bars, brooks saddle, MKS
touring pedals without clips/straps

Bleriot:  61cm frame, 650b x 42 grand bois hetres, 36h lesnik-built
wheels, sugino crank with 48/38/26 x 11-30 gearing, noodle bars,
brooks saddle, MKS grip king pedals

Sometimes I wonder if the hetres are just "slow" but that seems to go
counter to the ride reports of dozens of people who ride with hetres
and claim they're quite fast.  I thought about swapping to cypres
tires (650b x 31) but that's a $120 investment I'm not ready to drop..
especially given that I've read you won't tell much of a difference
between hetres and cypres on paved roads.

The quickbeam is the first single speed bike that I've owned.  Is it
common to find that a single speed bike is noticeably more efficient
for its 1 gear relative to a multi-speed bicycle in a gear of the same
gain ratio ?  Can any other quickbeam owners tell me about the
perceived efficiency difference between their quickbeam and their
geared road bike(s)?