Proud to say I do both of these techniques!

Even at 30 I'm not too keen on trying to "step thru" if I can help it, lol.

Usually with the mount I'll start my pedal at 12 o'clock and stand up on
the pedal to get moving then swing my leg through the frame, as opposed to
starting it at 6 o'lock and shuffling to get started, but the sentiment is
just the same.

Curious to see who else dismounts the in the same manner, it just feels so
right.

Jared in SLO, CA