I sold the Blue Lug bucket hat to a list member, and was sorry to hear you
were subjected to that, Johnny.

I’ve bought and sold a decent number of items since I’ve been hanging out
here and I've never had any problems either way. Nothing even hinted of a
scam attempt.

I try to err on the side of giving too much info about the stuff I sell.
There should be no surprises for a buyer. I’ve found folks buying and
selling through this forum super friendly, civil, and laid back. I’ve
struck up some very nice correspondences and phone chats with like-minded
bike and Rivendell nerds. It was clear folks were genuinely interested in
the items.

(An aside: I was surprised by the volume of email I got about the Blue Lug
hat. Who knew it was such a hot item? Too bad it was just a tad small for
my head!)