I lived for many years with one road bike, and I think it was great. Having
fewer decisions as to which bike to ride was great, and I perversely enjoy
wearing out tires and chains at a good clip --- makes me feel like I'm a
real cyclist. I did break the frame twice, and each time it kinda sucked
having to borrow bikes or ride the mountain bike everywhere. The thing the
broke me was breaking a frame during the height of the bike shortage during
the pandemic. Then I realized if I broke my frame a third time, I'd
probably go shopping for another custom builder and I'd want something to
tide me over until then. That led to me getting a Roadini, which now serves
as my gravel bike. I still like wearing parts faster so I end up riding my
dedicated road touring frame much more, but now I pull out the roadini for
those in-between dirt + mtb rides and it's nice having that option.

On Tue, Apr 11, 2023 at 10:12 AM DavidP <dphil...@gmail.com> wrote:

> In the March blahg, Grant revisits the idea of preservation vs use and
> writes:
>
> "For daily tasks like shopping, commuting, errands, and all-purpose
> exercise, ride your favorite bicycle. A the risk of sounding self-serving,
> I'd say--get more than one special bike. You probably do that, or want to
> do that anyway."
>
> I think this thread is a testament to the fact that many of us have more
> than one special Bicycle.
>
> -Dave
> On Monday, April 10, 2023 at 5:28:06 PM UTC-4 Slin wrote:
>
>> Guy -
>>
>> Those are some great bikes, I wish I could help slim down the herd, but
>> my frame size is smaller. Is there a story for how you ended up with so
>> many 2022 bikes?

>> On Wednesday, March 29, 2023 at 2:54:17 PM UTC-7 leva...@gmail.com wrote:
>>
>>> I have way too much overlap in my quiver:
>>>
>>> 2015 Soma San Marcos (Tiburon Blue) - 57cm
>>> 2018 Atlantis  (650B) - 56cm
>>> 2022 Crust Canti Romanceur (Pistachio) - 57cm
>>> 2022 Sam Hillborne (HiHo Silver) - 57cm
>>> 2004ish Rambouillet (Joe Bell Custom Brown) - 60cm
>>> 2022 Wolbis/Susie (Dark Gold) - 56cm
>>> 2021 Gus Boots (Mermaid) - 59cm
>>> 2022 Roadini (RBW Orange) - 57cm
>>> 2020 Platypus (Mermaid) - 60cm