Anne asked:

>Wait just one gol durned minute! Why am I changing tires to save four
>or five grams? The tubes won't save any weight, 'cause they're the
>same tubes. Is the rolling resistance any different? Should I just put
>the Jack Browns back on?

I would.  After wearing out a pair of the highly touted GB Cypress in
700x30 I replaced them with partially used JB Greens.  I know the GBs
are suppose to be the be-all end-all for road fatties, but I had a
hard time perceiving the difference once I got the pressures right on
the JBs.   I run them at 50/60 psi till I hit the dirt on the way home
when I ease out 5 psi each.

On the other hand if you're going for a 'skinny' road tire may I
suggest the Vredestein Fortezza in 25mm?  Said to be the closest to a
sewup ride in a clincher (I wouldn't know about that)  they can be had
for $38ish on sale.  I ride them with lower pressures than suggested,
YMMV

Phil B
Sonoma County