Those are indeed beautiful track ends; the prettiest I've seen. I do think
however that long horizontals are more practical in that wheel removal is
at least a bit easier and -- if you use them -- fender fitting is a bit
easier. But yes, for pretty those win the prize. And agree that verticals
are the obvious best choice for derailleur systems.

Chauncey Matthews added extra-long (considerably longer than Campy 1010s)
forged horizontals sourced from some obscure UK source to my 1999
You've-Heard-too-Much-About-It-already fixed custom; Joe had used short
dropouts which IMO are the worst of all possible worlds; and Chauncey
home-made very long plate (to mimic period bikes for short-axle SA hubs)
dropouts for the 2020 IGH 2003 Curt Riv clone.