Jason,

I don't know which model of Simplex you have, but use caution with old
French bike parts!
I have a number of Simplex derailleurs, I do not have a front Simplex
derailleur that will handle a triple.  Many of the Simplex rear
derailleurs struggle with a 28, let alone a 30.  There were also some
Simplex specific rear derailleur mountings a long time ago.

I love old French bike parts and I love riding my bikes, because the
were often in conflict I have given up trying to make old French bike
parts work (they usually don't)....except for the Simplex
Retrofriction shifters recently given to me... :-)

One really cool thing about Simplex derailleurs....the plastic ones
were often one badly missed shift away from scattering the road with
broken derailleur parts and one's lost dignity...they seemed to add a
small element of excitement to the ride :-)

I recently converted my Rambouillet from a triple (24-36-50) to a
double (34-50).  I removed the inner chain-ring from a Ritchey Logic
triple and changed to a shorter bottom bracket spindle.  I don't see
the point of going from a triple to a double and keeping the same BB/Q
factor.

Which reminds me, now that it is a double I can use that plastic
Simplex front derailleur!

Angus