I have 10.5 EEEE feet. Ducks follow me around as if I'm their leader.
Birkenstocks fit me well, but otherwise, I have to seek out wide-specific
shoes. I can also stand on one foot until I'm tired or bored, so super wide
feet do have their advantages!

I'm in the process of getting the last few hundred miles out of my Shimano
SPD-compatible "walkable" shoes. Can't remember the model, but they would
be sold as "mountain bike" shoes, in that there are lugs and stuff to get
grip. I have Ritchey SPD pedals on my Riv and Ibis, so I guess my
28mm-tired Riv is a "mountain" bike! ;)

Anyway, when these give up the ghost and/or REI has a sale, I'll try
whatever cheapest Shimano shoes they have that come in wide. The Stomp Lox
look intriguing, but they don't make the longer sizes in wide too, which is
too bad.