Sure Coco !  Cooking the raisins and apricots makes them all soft and easy
to digest. The raisins balloon up and the apricots, I slice them in hand,
first in half then another three slices. If you're unfamiliar with the
unsulphured ones they are brown, rather than the bright orange you find
with sulphured ones, which just taste awful and the texture is altered to
gummy bear status. How anyone can eat those is beyond me !  You can find
the natural brown ones in bulk @ natural food stores if you have any around
locally.  I don't anymore so I get them online
https://www.amazon.com/Turkish-Apricots-Unsulphured-Certified-Resealable/dp/B07KGL3MVW.

The raisins are Sun Maid regular ol' raisins.

For a pot I'd guess it's somewhere around a heaping 1/4c to 1/3c of each
fruit. Sometimes it just raisins and a very large banana or 2 small ones.
Some vanilla extract goes good with that.

I made some today, so I'll attempt to quantify what I do on the fly. I
can't tell you how much water I start with the fruit, but it's enough that
when I add about 3 heaping 1/4 cups of medium grain rice cooked for 15
minutes on *low heat(soft rolling boil inside),* with enough liquid that
it's still jiggle-able in the pot when it's done. You want as this is not a
dry flaky rice dish, this is creamy, like a Risotto if you're familiar with
Italian cooking. I could use a a 3/4 cup, but that messes me up, so I stick
with multiples of 1/4 cups. A heaping 3/4c won't be as much as 3 heaping
1/4c's !  Some salt, not too much as you can add some later. Sometimes

I like to let that sit for like 15 minutes. Then I add an egg, some whole
milk, cream, half and half, evaporated milk,  whatever you have on hand. A
bit of sour cream adds a nice dimension too. Bring that to a soft boil, it
should be be easy to stir at this point. It will thicken when it cools.
Turn off the heat and let it sit as long as you like. It can hold a lot of
heat for along time. When it cools enough I put it in a container and
fridge it. If it's too thick you can add a little milk to however you want
at that time, or wait and when it's cold pour some milk over it. It's yummy
any way. This isn't about a certain consistency to the rice, it's about the
complimentary flavors, and that's what cooking is all about. I don't own a
cookbook and find it very hard to follow any recipe if I try, as inevitably
it contains something either I don't have, can't afford, or don't like the
flavor of.

Masa mush, or dumplings. The dumplings came about by reading of someone who
made pancakes with it, and if it rises for pancakes it'll rise for
dumplings or biscuits, given it has some baking powder. I add an egg too,
makes it fluffier. The mush simply came about by inspiration. I ate
cornmeal mush sometimes as a kid, but found it bland, as cornmeal is bland.
Masa flour takes the same corn kernel and treats it with lime, the mineral,
and that's what give corn tortillas it's wonderful  flavor and makes it
easier to digest. It's akin to spouting a grain. So I bought a bag of Masa
at the grocery store(Kroger, Wal-Mart is what I have) and just
experimented. It's really hard to ruin the flavor, and the consistency you
vary with the amount of liquid you use. Milk or water or broth or whatever
! It can be sweet or savory. I sweeten most things with fruit, sometimes
honey or dark molasses if it's suits the flavors, and once in a while even
some white sugar. I don't use that very often as it has no flavor to it,
it's just sweet, so it's only a pinch. I grew up with my Mom and her Mom
adding a pinch of sugar to most recipes, even savory. I think it gets a bad
rap because the way it's abused or in given in excess. That's the beauty of
cooking yourself, you can do anything you like with a recipe. They're like
rough guides to flavor profiles, complimentaries, not edicts !

The beef liver stew is simplicity at it's fines. I like liver, but I don't
fry things. So rather than give it up, I said hey who says it needs to be
fried ? That'd be nobody. Have people made a stew with it ? I don't know,
but I was going to find out. So my local Wal Mart sells fresh liver, I get
about a pound. It's irregular shapes and all juicy bloody inside, and I'm
not into cutting bloody meat anymore(I used to work in restaurants long
ago). So I just cut the bag open and pour it, blood and all, in a 4 quart
heavy pot. Throw it some chopped peppers, onions, garlic and mushrooms or
carrots (whatever you like), and a touch of water. Use a medium high heat
at first, until it starts to sizzle. You don't want to burn it. Then turn
it down low to a low heat and let it cook for 15-20 minutes. Need not be
exact. It's mostly to soften the vegetables and let the flavors blend.
Maybe a touch of salt to taste and some black pepper. Throw in dollop or
two of sour cream if you like the tanginess, but it's great as-is. I
usually eat it with medium grain rice, I like sticky starchy rice. Any rice
you like is the point. Or some pasta. Or a spud. I like to let things cool
off before eating, but that's me. Have it piping hot if you like. Cold
cooked liver as leftovers is sublime.

Whew.... That's ll folks !