I wear Uggs gloves that are shearling w/the Riv overmitts on top.  The
overmitts don't have a palm so the palm is still my leather glove palm.
The layering combo is best for me.  I tried ski gloves but didn't feel like
they were as warm.  And these were the down filled ski gloves.  And the
palm wasn't as grippy.