Drew - indeed, quite a departure from the earier protos, and neat as well -
but now that it's lugged it seems to overlap existing models a bit more
other than the novel drop tube.  I wonder if it shares the upper HT lug as
the new Susie (TT angle more flat due to HTA)

John - Yeah I agree, the Sam is stout enough for basically any touring
maybe short of a dedicated world-tourer. I've never found the limit of mine
either in terms of capacity, just tire clearance as you mention.