While I'm not concerned with the weight I'll land on after the build, I
would like to keep up with my friend who I ride weekly with.  He's good
going my speed (he's naturally faster), and I'm hoping the speed on this
bike isn't much lower than my current road bike.  Like many say, it's the
total weight including the rider that counts...so I started eating better
since ordering the frame to see if total weight is the same, or better!  I
do have a second wheel set I'm planning to use, occasionally, and those
wheels together with then 30mm tires will be lighter, and have better hubs
(will be interesting to see how they feel when riding compared to the other
wheels with 43mm GKSS).