I love my B17s but could never get along with C17s. I've come to appreciate
the dorky comfort of Ergon grips (GA3) so figured I'd give their saddles a
try. I played around with their saddle selector
<https://www.ergonbike.com/en/saddle-selector.html> for a while and
eventually landed on an Ergon SM Comp
<https://www.ergonbike.com/en/product-details.html?anr=44001001&s=smmtb&a=saettel>
 in
small/medium, which they bill as for "All-Mountain/Trail,
Cross-Country/Marathon, MTB-Touring." I've now got them on my hardtail, fat
bike and winter bike that stays inside for riding the rollers.
They'redefinitely on the modern end of the spectrum and I think roughly
250g lighter than the Brooks. Could be worth a look!

John in Minnesota