Adam, good on you for planning to do the crank swap yourself      (you will
likely want a crank puller  -
https://www.parktool.com/en-us/product/universal-crank-puller-for-square-taper-and-splined-cranks-cwp-7

     & here's a link to Park's how to video -
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPQyQnNdews).

I'll cast a vote for mounting the new cranks on your existing BB and then
checking the fit. You will be looking for two potential issues (1) adequate
clearance between the drive side chain stay and the small chainring aa well
as the chain itself, and (2) the chainline.   Good luck!

Steve in Asheville