Thanks for all of the tips.

I appreciate the acknowledgement of the STAND. I do not have one and
there's no chance of finding room for one in my apt. Someday that will
change . . .

I'm not sure what a crank bolt washer looks like? Maybe I'll know when I
see it. I'm assuming it would be under the initial bolt--revealed when I
remove that? And I gather that I should be aware that the small ring may
hit the chainstays as I'm putting on the new crank? Good to know.

It will be a bit before I get the cranks and have time to work, but I'll
post back here with the result. Maybe useful for anyone with a Sam that
wants to try a 115mm bb with VO cranks.

Adam