All the pictures make me happy for those who attended but sad that work
prevented me from being there this year. You all got to see and meet some
real icons in person there.

Having the time to browse and speak with folks who seem like they would be
unapproachable pillars of cycling notoriety but are real, humble and all
about cycling. I met and talked with so many icons and responsible parties
to my cycling path and equipment like Paul Price, who's Racer brakes are on
my RIvendell, or Wayne Bingham who now owns Mel Pinto Imports and
distributes VAR tools and Cane Creek products. Always love seeing Brian
Chapman and Johnny Coast sharing a booth. I was so happy that RIv made the
decision to come across the country and be a part of it. It really fits
their company.

I met and talked to Brad Quartuccio, the photographer in bicycling "counter
culture" in the '90s-'00s we both realized that we share the same favorite
coffee shop and he lived (then) less than a mile form me.

The Philly Bike Expo has a vibe that the InterBike trade show where I
always felt like I was bothering vendors despite running a shop and
attending for my business needs.  Bridgestone were an exception, I still
remember Grant offered some jelly beans while others were handing out cold
micro brews and all sorts of corporate trick or treat valuables (that lowly
shop employees in attendance hawked up by the backpackful).  There is no
secret handshake at PBE except liking bikes and riding.

Andy Cheatham
Pittsburgh