Haven't had luck pinning down a used bike this last week, so I'm thinking I
might try and buy a new Sam in May/June with the refresh and I don't know
if the 51 or 54 frame size is the right choice. Compared to my current
bike, a 55cm Salsa Vaya's standover of 77.6cm and top tube of 55cm...

51 Sam standover: 78.6 (+1cm from Vaya)
51 Sam top tube: 56.5 (+1.5cm from Vaya)

54 Sam standover: 82.0 (+4.4cm from Vaya)
54 Sam top tube:  58 (+3cm from Vaya)

An 83.8 PBH was the highest measurement out of the 10 or so times I
measured. Most of the time it was 81.2 - 82.5 range. I'm 5'11 with a 30"
inseam. Riv says a 51 Sam is 79-83 and a 54 is 83-86.

I would like to run Albatross bars and be comfy about it.

Which frame size should I choose?