For sure, the axiom 'Know Thyself' applies here.

Regarding the earlier suggestion to 'have at it' should probably be
tempered with honest assessment of your skills and inclinations. I think my
greatest fear has been, among others like cross-threading, for example,
dropping a wrench on fragile tubing somewhere resulting in a nasty dent.

That's just a bad experience right there...and one not so easily remedied.
Scratches not so much trouble as you can touch up, but dents—yikes.
Horrible.

JD