A few follow-ups on this:

1) I called Rivendell to see if they could look up the size in a serial
number database I thought they kept, but no such thing exists. Will did
confirm that they measure the seattube to the point on the lug where the
seatpost comes out, not the top of the lug tip.

2) I pulled the fork at the advice of one of you (Plumber) and confirmed
the size is a 60 per the stamp. So it's officially a 60, though has a top
tube of 57, not 58 as the catalog indicates. Maybe the geo changed for this
run of Rams? Who knows.

In any case, it's still available. I'm going to start a new thread with the
correct frame size.