I'll be on an S24O on Mt Diablo this weekend.  I have a nice bivy
sack, so could go that route.  I also thought about just bringing the
footprint poles and rainfly without the tent to make a shelter, but
then the tent without the rainfly might be better ventilation, so
since it's under 40 miles each way regardless, I'm just gonna bring
the thing and decide on setup when I'm there.