San Clemente State Park is pretty convenient.  About 60 miles from SD.
Doheney is nicer, but you're about 20 feet from the train tracks and they
have limited spots.  San Clemente isn't bad, it's just that their hike/bike
camp isn't anything special.  But unlimited spots.

On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 4:33 AM, James Warren <jimcwar...@earthlink.net>wrote:

> Manny,
> Don't infer from my message that Carlsbad and Cardiff are the two that will
> get you two nights from LA to SD. They are near each other, so they would be
> two options for you for the San Diego night. Further north for the previous
> night, I'm not sure where you go - maybe Doheney, which is in Capistrano
> Beach. But the distance from Doheney to Cardiff isn't super-duper long. It's
> worth looking into.
>
> -Jim W.

Cheers,
David
Redlands, CA

"Bicycling is a big part of the future. It has to be. There is something
wrong with a society that drives a car to workout in a gym."  ~Bill Nye,
scientist guy