On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 9:32 AM, jandrews_nyc <jasonaschwa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am helping a friend who is interested in purchasing a used
> Cantilever Romulus.  His PBH is 84.  The bike is a 59.  Riv website
> says for most smaller/av riders its PBH minus around 25 to get frame
> size...thats 84-25 = 59!....but I'm nervous it will be way up there
> and the Romulus geometry chart has the standover for the Rom listed as
> 83.8cm and that's on 700x27's.  He'd like to put 700x35's on.
> Can anyone help me with this.  Experience with this frame.  Is a 59
> just a bit too big for a 5'9'' rider with a PBH of 84?

35-27 = 8

8/2 = 4

so the height of the bike should only go up by about 4mm.
84.2

Now - a person with an 84cm pbh has that while barefoot. Normally, you
don't bicycle barefoot. So factor in whatever the avg height of the
soles on some shoes - normally 1-1.5cm is not ridiculous.

so now their standover is clear by about a cm. It's not much - but it
should be enough.

I think the thing you should be thinking about, though, is TT length.
Is your friend going to be all kinds of stretched out? Figure out that
dimension, too.

-sv