I'm 5'11" with PBH of 89.5 and ride a 61cm AHH with 35mm tires and a
61cm Atlantis with 50mm tires. The Atlantis with the 50mm tires is
quite taller, but gives me enough clearance. Bigger tires, assuming
they'd fit would make it uncomfortable but still rideable.

The top tube is perfect and I use 8cm stems on both.

My saddle height is at 87 IIRC; otherwise it's at 77... I'm on
vacation with the family and the sun is impairing my recolection...
:-)

René

On 8/5/10, Ralph Rognstad Jr. <rognsta...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> I am just shy of 6'2" (PBH of 89) and ride a 63cm Canti Rom, usually
> with 28's or 32's. Works for me, but did seem a little tall at first. Ralph
>
> jandrews_nyc wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I am helping a friend who is interested in purchasing a used
>> Cantilever Romulus.  His PBH is 84.  The bike is a 59.  Riv website
>> says for most smaller/av riders its PBH minus around 25 to get frame
>> size...thats 84-25 = 59!....but I'm nervous it will be way up there
>> and the Romulus geometry chart has the standover for the Rom listed as
>> 83.8cm and that's on 700x27's.  He'd like to put 700x35's on.
>> Can anyone help me with this.  Experience with this frame.  Is a 59
>> just a bit too big for a 5'9'' rider with a PBH of 84?
>> Thank you!
>> Jason

Sent from my mobile device