Eric's old Kogswell really gets me (and the groceries and kids)
around!  650B city bike, I've found, takes the cake (along with the
lumps and bumps).

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25671...@n02/4590765200/

If Anthony at Longleaf can pull together reliable deliver of his
version of the P/R, there should be good, cheap 650B options out
there.  Riv is in the game for good -- just not for the big sizes.

The Hetres & Pari-Motos have really pushed the discussion of wheel
size over to discussion of tires.  In my estimation, I think like
this:

Harsh = any 23mm race tire
Fast = (700c) Challenge Parigi-Roubiax; (650B) Pari-Moto; (650B)
Hetre.  Here, 700c has its own sporty charms, but the volume of the
650B offerings is an added bonus
All-rounder = (700c) Jack Brown Greens; (700c) Paselas in 32 or 35;
(650B0 Col de La Vie or maybe the new Somas.
Invincible = any Schwalbe tractor tire

When I ordered my Ebisu randonneuse, I went with 700c. It was a tough
decision, but I wanted to run skinnier tires for near-excusive road
riding.  How about everyone just get one of each?

Esteban
San Diego, Calif.