The number of cyclists was absolutely amazing.  I believe there were more on
the SART than on beach trail in Newport.  Tri-guys and gals, teenagers on
cruisers, fixies, bike clubs, packs of little kids, homeless, surfers,
fishermen.  It was fantastic see sooooo many people out on bikes!  I think
there may be hope for SoCal yet!

On Sun, Aug 29, 2010 at 4:20 AM, Angus <angusle...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Some of those pictures bring back memories...I spend many a mile on
> the Santa-Anna River Trail.
>
> Thanks for posting these David!
>
> Angus
> !
> On Aug 28, 8:48 pm, cyclotourist <cyclotour...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Success!  A GREAT ride with no IT band pain!  I've been stretching,
> taking
> > anti-inflammatories, moved exclusively to cleats (SPuDs) pushed out as
> wide
> > as possible, and lowered the saddles a touch.  Some combination of the
> above
> > lets me ride longer distances, at least 63 miles
> > worth!<
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/cyclotourist/4935845053/in/datetaken/>
> > I was hoping to do a garage to the beach ride with a pick up, but instead
> > drove half way and then did an out and back.  Strong headwinds gave me a
> 13
> > mph average going downhill to the ocean, and then propelled me to an 18
> mph
> > average back up!  What's amazing in my mind is how good I felt through
> the
> > ride.  A little bit of neck pain around 40 miles.  Stopping and
> stretching
> > real good fixed that right up.  I'm kinda' thinking of trying to do an
> > Imperial century next weekend, spouse willing.  A TON of cyclists out
> > today.  Just amazing and
> >
> > Visual documentation here:
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/cyclotourist/archives/date-taken/2010/08...
> >
> > --