A Metric Club/web site is not a bad idea. I think this distance is
going to grow more popular with riders over time, as more of us
discover the joys of longer distances out in the country but don't
feel a need to go out and absolutely kill ourselves on our bikes.

I have a friend who ride Paris-Brest-Paris and is working on his third
trip next year. I'm glad for him, but as time goes by I find ride
reports from this event inspire me less and less. I've arrived at a
place where I think it is all about finding the right combination of
pleasure and challenge on the bike, erring heavily on the side of
pleasure. Metrics do it for me.

Maybe they do it for others, too; we could have a web site devoted to
ride reports and photos of America's Best Metric Centuries. Someone
else would have to set it up as that technology is beyond me; but if
they did, I'd contribute.

Beth