> Hey Johnny,
>
> Downtube shifters are more classic than barcons and lighter too.  A triple
> really isn't classic, and the bottom bracket and cranks are both heavier
> than a traditional double or compact double.
>
> Regards, Doug
>
> P.S.  No slight intended, but it seems to me like a lot of Roadeos are being
> built up pretty much the way I would think most AHHs get built up rather
> than as any lighter than average go-fasties...

I definitely wanted to be more on the racier end but with keeping with
some classic looks.  I never thought about it but DT shifters might be
a fantastic idea.  They are very light and more classic than putting
on brifters. (I didn't want to do barcons).

100% going to do a compact double.  I'm not sure what to do with the
FD and RD.  But DT shifters???  You have me leaning this way.