I recently purchased a Gunnar Sport with custom Waterford threaded
steel fork.  The idea was to get to a bike just like the San Marcos.
The Gunnar is gorgeous and rides well, but no lugs and a bit kludgy to
get the 1 inch fork installed into the 1.125 headtube.  Love the bike,
but would have probably preferred the "San" instead.  Think Grant and
Merry Sales found a nice little empty hole in the marketplace and the
San should fill it just right.  My Gunnar with custom steel fork was
$1150, so the price point on the San is just right or even more fair.