On Sat, 2010-10-02 at 23:56 -0600, PATRICK MOORE wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 2, 2010 at 9:55 PM, Mike <mjawn...@gmail.com> wrote:
>         On Oct 2, 8:26 pm, Thomas Lynn Skean
>         <thomaslynnsk...@comcast.net>
>         wrote:
>         > All I can say is I'm stocking up on RR rear derailers.
>         Nothing beats
>         > 'em with bar-end shifters.
>
> Vas ist "RR" derailleurs? If that means (somehow) "reverse pull" and
> someone wants to trade an honest American-type normal pull for a
> poncey (lovely word!) LX r pull one, let's tawk.

I think RR stands for "Rapid Rise," also known as "ass backwards," or
"low normal": unhook the cable, and the derailleur auto-shifts to the
lowest gear/largest sprocket.

I don't follow this sort of thing closely, but in a recent thread on
2011 XTR someone made the comment that "Rapid Rise is now dead".

> I don't like them atall.

I've been through this once before, with SunTour backwards-acting front
derailleurs.  Sooner or later, no matter how much you love the gear (and
I loved the Compe V front derailleur, and hung onto them many years
after they went out of production) you have to switch back, and the
switch is painful.