This is atually a topic I've thought about at times.
I have some semi-casual pants that I can just barely get away with at work
that have a zipper around the mid thigh. I can remove them lower leg and get
shorts. The only draw back at work is that they have cargo pockets which
look kind of dress down. I generally just wear skin shorts and in cooler
weather put leg warmers on over the shorts. I then change in the closet in
my office.
On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 11:58 AM, charlie <charles_v...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Holy cow just wear your denim pants. I wear my Key brand logger pants
> with suspenders for all my cold weather riding because its what I wear
> anyway. Yea they are cotton but it hasn't hurt me for rides up to 25
> miles which is as far as my commute is. I rode with them in 78 degree
> weather last Thursday and it wasn't unbearable. In cooler temperatures
> I don't sweat as bad and they work fine. For lighter rain you just get
> wet and dry out later. The fit on my jeans is trim in the ankles but I
> usually just tuck the excess into my sock or wear a reflective ankle
> gizmo that Riv sells. I've been wanting a chain guard but am too lazy
> to order one at the moment. Plain old cotton sweat pants work good too
> if you wear the suspenders to keep them from bunching up but they look
> kind of too casual off the bike and I won't wear them at work
> so..................
>
> On Oct 3, 6:34 pm, jim_OLP <j...@landoloons.com> wrote:
> > Every year when it starts to get cold, I undertake a futile search for
> > cycling pants that don't look like something from the ballet or the
> > circus.  I mean pants, not lycra tights.  And not rain pants, which
> > tend to be way too baggy and - if they're Rivendll - too orange.  I
> > want nylon pants that block the wind but are trim enough so they don't
> > flutter in the wind, and will stay out of the way of the chain,
> > preferablly with some sort of cinch around the ankle.  I need pockets
> > too.
> >
> > Wool would be great, but I know that's not going to happen.
> >
> > I'd buy the MUSA pants, but I can't do the blue crotch.  Just too
> > conspicuous. "Ooooh, are those bicycling pants? Where did you get
> > them?"
> >
> > It's hard to Google on this without getting 50 pages of black spandex
> > tights.
> >
> > Does anyone else makes something just like the MUSA pants, but without
> > the 2-tone color scheme?

Fai Mao
The Blogger who sometimes responds to comments