Hm, I think drain holes are sometimes worth plugging - on a case by
case basis. If you aren't using fenders and that drainage hole is the
only reasonable access point for crud and water, it can't hurt to fill
it. If you do have full fenders and a mud flap, that drainage hole
will only let things out. I have one bike which is otherwise well
sealed, but fender-less, and the BB drainage hole was allowing road
crud spit off the front wheel into my BB. I sealed the hole with bees
wax and the BB has remained clean ever since.

Also, most "drainage" holes on frames and racks are actually
ventilation holes drilled by the framebuilder to release gases during
brazing or welding. Many builders don't bother to fill them with brass
afterward. They aren't necessarily helping you out any when the frame
is complete. Ventilation holes in forks and seat stays are worth
filling with bees wax, in my opinion. Bottom bracket drainage holes,
on the other hand, are placed with drainage in mind - but like I said
above, they may or may not be useful.

Travis